Nightingale Lawyers offer expert representation in Court and unique skills for civil litigation.
We can assist with:
- Advising clients of action plans
- Calculating damages & costing litigation matters
- Initiating actions and the filing and serving process
- Responding to actions
- Obtaining/managing evidence
- Court case management
- Briefing of counsel
- Negotiating settlements and terms
- Drafting affidavits and orders
- Acting on default judgments
- Acting in interlocutory proceeding
- Enforcing judgments and orders
We can also assist you with:
- Debt Collections;
- Statutory Demand;
- Bankruptcy; and
Business Start Ups, Documentation and Advice
Whether you’re a start-up, planning to buy or sell a business, or looking for advice on a business dispute, our team of expert business lawyers can help.
We have been serving Australian businesses for years, and have extensive experience across all the industries our clients operate in. We offer a wide range of practical legal solutions for individuals, start-ups and small to medium sized enterprises.
Our team of business lawyers can help you with:
- Business structures: If you are establishing a new business enterprise we can help you make sure that you are setting the business up soundly, whether by partnership, joint venture, company, trust or franchise. If you’re looking to restructure your business we can help with partnership dissolutions and corporate restructures.
- Business contracts: Our commercial lawyers can prepare or review all types of legal contracts including purchase or sale of business, franchise agreements, supply agreements, service agreements, distribution agreements, partnership agreements, commercial contracts. We’ll make sure that the contract terms and conditions are suitable for your business now and into the future and ensure that due diligence standards are met. For buyers, we ensure that you get what you pay for – for sellers, we help minimise risks associated with selling a business.
- Commercial disputes and commercial litigation: We offer dispute resolution services and business litigation covering a wide range of problems including breach of contract, building and property disputes, debt recovery, copyright infringement, partnership disputes and corporations law.
- Corporations law: We can assist with shareholders agreements, advice on corporate governance, documenting company administrations.
- Franchises: If you’re looking to buy into a franchise we can help you go through the franchise agreement and franchisor disclosure documents to make sure that you are aware of all of the issues that could make or break your new business.
- Copyright, trademarks and patents: We can help you manage and enforce your intellectual property rights, including litigation where needed. We can also help you with registering designs, patents and trademarks.
- Property and leasing: We can assist with retail leasing and commercial leasing for both landlords and tenants. We can also assist with the sale or purchase of commercial property.
- Commercial law and small business legal advice: We offer small business legal help in a wide range of matters including trade practices law and consumer law.
- Workplace and employment: We can draw up or review employment contracts and workplace agreements as well as assist with disputes and unfair dismissals. We can also assist with occupational health and safety issues.
- Bankruptcy and insolvency: We can assist with the whole process of recovering money owed to you from an initial Letter of Demand through to Statement of Claim and Court Judgment.
- Taxation and finance: we can draft and review mortgages, guarantees, charges and other securities documentation as well as advise in regard to GST, Capital Gains and Land Tax.
- Business succession and asset protection: You need a plan in place to make sure that your business and personal assets are protected. We can work with your business and family to devise a plan that keeps your hard won assets safe through unit, discretionary and family trusts, Wills and/or Powers of Attorney.
Whatever your circumstances, a good business lawyer on your side can help you mitigate the costly risks associated with running any business.
Contact us to find out more or to arrange a consultation with an experienced commercial lawyer.